Friday, February 8, 2013

May The Force Be With You

       Has anyone else ever sat and stared at a keyboard, and no inspiration would come? That's what's going on in my life right now. I would say that it's an inconvenience, but instead I will have to say that the Force is not with me today. 
       The Force is a pretty great thing. I believe in the idea of the force. It is my opinion that the world is one living organism filled with many smaller organisms. God is not, in my views, a single omnipotent being. I don't think God is separate from humanity. I believe that everything around us (rocks, trees, people, fish, plastic and books) is all a part of the same thing. I don't think I can describe it as well as I would like to. It's a confusing concept at times. This belief, however, is similar to the Taoist ideas of the Jedi. 
       In our English class we are studying Chinese literature, and thus we must discuss Chinese culture. Are Jedi really just futuristic Taoists? I believe that they are. If you look at many of their ideas, they match up detail for detail. I didn't really pick up on it until we started this unit. 


      
        On a different note. I should probably tell you all what's been going on in The Hobbit. I would absolutely love to tell you how many pages I've read and what's new, but unfortunately, I either work or attend DMACC every day. If there was ever a pain in my ass, this week has made it feel like nothing. 
        So I'm not going to tell you anything about The Hobbit, but I hope this blog wasn't a waste of your time. If it was a waste of your time, I apologize. I'll be less busy in a week or so. Thanks for reading! 

1 comment:

  1. I hardly know how to comment on this, because I feel like you've already laid out my thoughts in your blog. While in my blog entry for the week I spoke about how I think that the Taoists' belief in the Way and the Force are a little bit different, I also put that they have many similarities. I think Mr. Lucas must have given his Jedi some Taoist background; it only makes sense.

    I also agree with what you said about God and everything being a part of the same thing. We're all interconnected; us humans, the animals of the earth, and the plants and rocks that make up the planet.

    I'm sorry that you haven't had time to read The Hobbit recently. I read it last year and it's such a fantastic book. I've been having the same problem with finding time to read my independent reading book (Paradise Lost), but hopefully we'll both find the right balance of work, play, and reading time (because of course that's way different from work) in the incredibly near future.

    P.S. I really enjoy the way you speak (in writing and out loud). You always seem to sound incredibly intelligent about whatever it is you're talking about. Keep up the awesome speaking abilities, dude.

    ReplyDelete